[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Could it be Nova, Poland?

Charlotte Dubay hoeserhistory at aol.com
Sun Sep 22 13:25:07 PDT 2013

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 13:29:04 -0400
From: "Elizabeth Heil" <eheil at cfl.rr.com>
To: <ger-poland-volhynia at sggee.org>
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where is Kzize Nove, Plock, Poland?

In researching a peripheral ancestor, I found a reference on a typed Declaration
of Intention that Helen (Dreger) Lau living in Cleveland, OH and born in 1891,
was a "German" from "Kzize Nove, Plock, Poland". I'm familiar with the words
Nowe, the Plock parish, and of "Russia Poland" (with ancestors who say they are
from either place!) but I can't find Kzize. I'm sure it was probably
phonetically written as the Nove probably was. Any suggestions? I've seen some
possible similar names. She was also listed on a passenger list in 1902 (at age
9) as being from Plock, Russia but on the same trip but on the initial leg from
Hamburg, the whole family was listed as being from Saratov, Russia (a German
colony on the Volga?)  On the 1910 census, she was listed (as well as all of the
family) as being "Aust/German". Wondering if the family/ancestors emigrated from
Austria/Germany to Russia, gave it up, and then made their way across the
continent to emigrate eventually to the US. Thanks!

Hi Elizabeth,
There is a Nova, Poland, near Plock....
Could it be that?
Then the term Kzize could maybe read Kreise?
Just a thought...
If it works for you -  I googled Nova, Poland, and got the little town.

Charlotte DuBay
hoeserhistory at aol.com