[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nurenberg, Charles/Sophie Shumacher, August 2013

Joy Stearns joy.stearns at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:24:34 PDT 2014

Dear List,

I would like to reply to Lynda Nuernberg-Smith's post of August 18, August
19, 2013 regarding her request for information for her great, great
grandparents Charles Nuernberg  dob 7/1870  & Sophie Nurenberg (Shumacher)
dob 11/185(also spellings of Nurnberg, . etc.).  Charles is my grandfather.
Sophia is not my grandmother.

Charles Nurnberg was listed on the 1900 Census of Kankakee, IL with wife
Sophia and children, the youngest of whom was named Rosa (Rose).  He left
Kankakee sometime after 1904.  He came to Little Rock, Arkansas, and in 1906
he married my grandmother, Sallie May Snapp Ladd in Little Rock, AR.    It
was a second marriage for both of them. Charles H. Nurnberg was born  on 1
July 1870, Germany and died in 1918 in Little Rock.  He is buried in a
Little Rock cemetery.  I have a picture of him and my grandmother.

I would be most pleased if you would share information on him and well as
his wife, Sophie Schumacher.  What info do you have that states Sophie was a
Schumacher?  Any info you would care to share on them would be much
appreciated.   I look forward to hearing from you.

Joy Stearns