[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sewerynow, Gvt Warsaw

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 06:22:49 PDT 2014

Further description of Alegata and examples of records you will find in them can be found on our site:
https://www.sggee.org/research/parishes/lublin_records/record_types.html#alegata

This came from the Lublin project. The important thing to keep in mind is records for alegata may be found for your couple of interest if either was not born and christened in the church where they were married. Essentially the church where they married needed to have some documentation of their birth, or if one was a widow/widower, then they would need documentation of the previous spouse. Assuming these did not happen at the church where they would have the birth or death records, the church would need to get that documentation from the appropriate church or local authority as a birth or death certification (usually copied as a Napoleonic record but not always). In cases where it was not possible to get a birth certification then two people would testify on the identity of the person which is where the Polish term Akt Zeznania comes from.

Hopefully all this makes this link easier to understand. Note that if both the husband and wife were born or their previous spouse died at the same church where they were married, you will NOT find alegata for them. Also note that all birth and death certifications were not written at the church where they were married - they came from another church where ever that event occurred so alegata in one year for a church typically have quite an assortment of records arising from different churches.
Karl