[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Mecklenburg and Pomerania, Germany, Parish Register Transcripts, 1716-1918 [database on-line]

Debbie Holm beektabeek at comcast.net
Fri Apr 18 13:10:22 PDT 2014

I found this on Ancestry.com and didn't recall seeing it posted in the
archives of the list, so my appologies if it has already been posted and I
missed it (NOTE:  There is a free 14 day trial to Ancestry to access the
records, but if you do not cancel before the 14 days is up, Ancestry WILL
charge you:

WORLD DELUXE MEMBERSHIP
Annual  $24.95/month after trial*
Three Month   $27.95/month after trial*
Monthly  $29.95/month after trial

http://search.ancestry.ca/search/db.aspx?dbid=1627

Ancestry.com. Mecklenburg and Pomerania, Germany, Parish Register
Transcripts, 1716-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com
Operations Inc, 2009.
Original data:

Kirchenbuchabschriften evangelischer und katholischer Gemeinden
Mecklenburgs. 10.72-4. Landeshauptarchiv Schwerin, Schwerin.

Kirkenbuchduplikate Pommern. Landesamt für Kultur und Denkmalpflege,
Landesarchiv Greifswald. Greifswald, Germany.
About Mecklenburg and Pomerania, Germany, Parish Register Transcripts,
1716-1918

This data collection contains transcripts of parish registers from
Lutheran and Catholic parishes in the former Duchies of
Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz, now part of
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. Additional records come from the area of
Pommern (Pomerania), some of which now lies in Poland. The registers
include records of baptisms, births, marriages, burials, deaths,
confirmations, and communicants. The majority of the records cover the
years 1824–1918. The content from Pomerania include records from
1544-1883. The content from Mecklenburg includes records from 1716-1918.

Note: This collection does not represent all parish records for this area
and time period.

There are also the following:

Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany, Censuses, 1807-1831

http://search.ancestry.ca/search/group/mecklenburgvolkszaehlung

This is a searchable index, but, a subscription is required to view all
the information contained in the index.

     Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany, Census, 1819

http://search.ancestry.ca/search/db.aspx?dbid=1167

     Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany, Census, 1867

http://search.ancestry.ca/search/db.aspx?dbid=1066

     Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany, Census, 1890

http://search.ancestry.ca/search/db.aspx?dbid=1181

     Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany, Census, 1900

http://search.ancestry.ca/search/db.aspx?dbid=1191

     Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany, Census, 1919

Note:  The 1919 census is a free index.

http://search.ancestry.ca/search/db.aspx?dbid=1794

Debbie Beick-Tabeek
BICH/WORNAT(H)/HIN(T)Z