[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Brandenburg, Germany, Transcripts of Church Records, 1700-1874 [database on-line]

Debbie Holm beektabeek at comcast.net
Fri Apr 18 13:17:18 PDT 2014

I found this on Ancestry.com and didn't recall seeing it posted in the
archives of the list, so my apologies if it has already been posted and I
missed it (NOTE:  There is a free 14 day trial to Ancestry to access the
records, but if you do not cancel before the 14 days is up, Ancestry WILL
charge you:

WORLD DELUXE MEMBERSHIP
Annual  $24.95/month after trial*
Three Month   $27.95/month after trial*
Monthly  $29.95/month after trial

http://search.ancestry.ca/search/db.aspx?dbid=2116

Ancestry.com. Brandenburg, Germany, Transcripts of Church Records,
1700-1874 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations,
Inc., 2011.
Original data: Zweitschriften von Kirchenbüchern ca. 1700-1874. Potsdam,
Germany: Brandenburgisches Landeshauptarchiv.

This list includes parish records from the Brandenburgisches
Landeshauptarchiv. Parish names are bolded. Non-bolded names cite which
parishes are geographically nearby. The abbreviation “TK” stands for
“Tochtergemeinde” which, as well as “eingekircht”, is followed by the name
of a parish which may contain the records for the town, chapel, or parish
you are seeking.
About Brandenburg, Germany, Transcripts of Church Records, 1700-1874

This database contains transcripts of original parish registers from the
state of Brandenburg, Germany, for the years ca. 1700-1874. The
transcripts were prepared to aid in government civil registration. The
registers record births, marriages, and deaths, as well as confirmations
and lists of communicants for some years.

The parishes include localities that were formerly part of the province of
Brandenburg but are now in Poland, as well as some locations that were
historically part of the neighboring provinces of Posen, Pommern, and
Schlesien that are now in Poland. Likewise, the records do not include all
localities from the historic province of Brandenburg or the modern state
of Brandenburg.

Records can be browsed by parish and year.

A full list of sources can be found here:

http://search.ancestry.ca/search/dbextra.aspx?dbid=2116

Debbie Holm
BICH/WORNAT(H)/HIN(T)Z