[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Resettlement camp

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 07:40:19 PDT 2014

I just did a Google search for Berka-Wipper and it seems other people doing ancestral research are also looking for it. But a German Wikipedia site gives what seems to be the answer you are looking for.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berka_%28Sondershausen%29

The town Berka lies on the Wipper River. It's Kreisstadt is Sondershausen and it lies in Thüringen very close to the old West-East German border. So I believe this was a camp to receive refugees from the east. So he did make it out to West Germany but I guess his health so bad and food was scarce after WW II that these conditions were too much for him. This area was a bit south of where my family got out.
Karl