[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Interesting websites re Russia and the Ukraine

Vera Miller equalityforall at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 30 14:52:22 PDT 2014

Thanks for posting this. Russia has so many ethnic groups because it is so huge and borders so many countries of Europe and Asia.
If anyone is researching people from Russia or Ukraine, my blog could be useful.
http://lostrussianfamily.wordpress.com/
Just two years ago, I was contacted by a relative of my great-great-grandmother's sister in St. Petersburg. I was surprised that she was Russian. Our common ancestors were German clothmakers from Bialystok and Swiebodzin, Poland. My cousin was equally surprised that my parents were born in the USSR.
Here's my post on that family reconnection. She has become a good friend and I hope to meet her someday.
http://lostrussianfamily.wordpress.com/2012/08/31/the-mystery-of-a-great-great-grand-aunt-gets-solved/
Vera