[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Translation of Russian Documents

PETER VON LIPINSKY lipinsky at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 6 14:13:29 PST 2014

Results of my posting of December 1 last : " Translation of Russian Documents "

First of all, many many thanks to everybody who helped me with the direct translation of these Russian documents, as well as pointing me to the right direction where I could get the translation done. The translation was very informative as to what happen early in 1945 when my wife's father was taken into custody by the Russian army and carted off to a Russian POW camp. The Russian documents are very informative and  after all these years, (from 1945 to 2014 ), the Sparschuh family finally found out what happen to their husband and father. Sad to write, that for some of the Sparschuh family member, this information  came too late.

In the late 1940's and early 1950's Mrs. Sparschuh was notified by both the German and the Russian Red Cross, that her husband had died some place in Russia on July 30. 1947. No other information was given.  No cause of death was given or where Adolf Sparschuh was buried. The Russian Red Cross would not  reveal any information anyway, even if they would have known more information about Adolf Sparschuh or any other German soldier taken prisoner .Remember, everything was controlled by the NKVD / KGB

Now, after all these years, we now know when and where  Adolf was taken prisoner , in what POW camp he was at the time, when Adolf died and the cause of death and also his grave site. The documents also show  beside his name, religion and occupation and physical description,nationality,membership in any political party,  the name of his wife and his children, where he used to live, the property he had both buildings and livestock, plus a few more minor  questions. These old NKVD / KGB documents are sad in a way to read, but on the other hand  a genealogist dream come true.

By the way, the documents that I received were military  NKVD files.  The NKVD is now the KGB .

The documents were obtained with the help of the German Red Cross. Some list readers wanted to know the address of the German Red Cross.

                           Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
                           Chiemgaustrasse  109
                           D - 81549  München
                           Germany

      e-mail :              info at drk-suchdienst.de

The German Red Cross / Deutsches Rotes Kreuz service is in German, English and French.

If I can be of any help to anybody , please get in touch with me.I tried to cover all possibly question you may have, but I'm sure that there are many more questions you would like to ask.

Thank you again and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all list readers from Peter von Lipinsky.

P.S I will post another info. a bit later on today. The next posting will be  a short write -up by the German Red Cross with more information about the nature of the  NKVD / KGB files. The next posting is worth reading.