[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Software recomendations

Peter chamdo4ever at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:11:19 PST 2014

Hi Mike,

Like I mentioned in my response to Richard, I was a user of The Master
Genealogist for many years, but finally converted my TMG database to
the Gramps software earlier this year ( https://gramps-project.org ).

There's a handy little software called tmg2gramps which was extremely
helpful to me in that regard. There is no denying that using
tmg2gramps takes a bit of effort, but I found it to be worthwhile as I
was able to import all of my TMG data to Gramps with little or no
loss. Details of using tmg2gramps can be found here:

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Import_from_another_genealogy_program#tmg2gramps

Hope that helps,

Peter