[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nowy Dwor question

Brandt Gibson ironhide781 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 2 12:13:51 PST 2014

I'm looking at the death certificate for my 3rd-great-grandfather,
Ludwig Heinrich Joseph, who died in Tenby, Manitoba, 2 March 1935. His
son-in-law, Carl Siegel, listed Ludwig's birthplace on the death
certificate as Neuhof, Poland. I have since found Ludwig's birth record
in Kepa Kikolska, Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki, Warszawa Voivodeship, Poland. My question is - could Neuhof be a German name for Nowy Dwór?

Thanks,

Brandt Gibson