[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Raatz

driechel@telus.net driechel at telus.net
Thu Feb 20 13:55:58 PST 2014

My  great grand father Michael Raatz (Ratz) was born about 1859 in Platkoniza Poland.
That must be an incorrect spelling.  I can not find a place name that appears close in spelling.
His wife was born in Karlow  and their children in Fiewo, Alexandrow, and Briesen so it must be near by.
I have a photo of him that must have taken at photo place because on the bottom it says
    Atelier Fentrop
    Culm 2/w  Markt  No. 24
Supposedly he was in a war where he died.
Their last child was born in 1892 so it must have been near or after that.