[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] records from Nowosolna, Lodz

Joyce Guasch jguasch at fastmail.net
Wed Jan 1 10:11:55 PST 2014

I hope this is what you want to know, because I'm the blind chicken that finds a piece of corn now and then.

This is the source from the FGR, taken from the MPD:

Kosciol rzymsko-katolicki (Roman Catholic Church), Parafja Mileszki Dworskie (Lodz), Salt Lake City: Microfilmed by The Genealogical Society of Utah, 1969-1997, 0813338/1820/#49. .... Kosciol rzymsko-katolicki (Roman Catholic Church), Parafja Mileszki Dworskie (Lódz), Salt Lake City: Microfilmed by The Genealogical Society of Utah, 1969-1997, 0813338/1820/#49.

I'm not exactly sure how I found the document so easily, but when I went to the site for Lodz documents from your link, I backed up to the home page to explore and found that particular year listed with the Catholic documents.

Your link: http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/ar3-zs1566d
I backed up to here: http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/ Clicked on Lodzkie Ended up here: http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/woj-LD
Chose the first reference in the column: 1 grodzki m. Lodz Then I was here: http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/pow-30
Now I'm looking for the year of the marriage in this list. It was just where the source said it would be: Lodz-Milezki, Catholic documents.

As I said, I got lucky.

>From the document I did learn where the groom was from. Koenigsbach= Bukowiec (thanks to Sigrid who knew that). That little bit of information led me to learning about the groom's family's origins, thanks to additional help from Sigrid and Edelgard.

This would be the second document I've found in Catholic records. There are more I will be looking for in Catholic records, soon I hope, in other areas. With the very little I've learned, my earliest ancestors came from Germany to the Bydgoszcz/Lodz/Lipno/Kolo areas and until Lutheran churches were established, they had only one place to report to and that was the nearest Catholic Parish. As documents come online, those of us who do not know our family origins, just might find them with time and browsing indexes of early Catholic documents.

Sigrid pointed me to the first Catholic record I found on film, Al Muth told me I would have to look to the Catholic records to hope to obtain earlier information than the Lutheran parishes have.

Joyce