[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Scheppel village

Katrin Hanko katrin at bokser.ee
Thu Jan 2 22:22:50 PST 2014

Hi!

Sure. The church books are available at the Saaga web-page, which is a collection of digitized records of National Archives of Estonia and Tallinn City Archve. First you have to sign in, it's free of charge and available for everyone. http://www.ra.ee/dgs/explorer.php

The parish member list of the Peetrimõisa German congregation starts here: http://www.ra.ee/dgs/_purl.php?shc=TLA.31.2.23:3
It was the compact colony (three villages in fact as far as I remember) of Germans from Wolhynia, Poland, etc., in south-east of Estonia.
And there were other German immigrants, they did not form such a compact colony, but used to live scattered in the areas of Palamuse, Äksi, Sangla, etc.

There are some links I have found about them so far:
http://www.ra.ee/dgs/_purl.php?shc=EAA.1261.1.649:30
http://www.ra.ee/dgs/_purl.php?shc=EAA.1266.1.668:35
http://www.ra.ee/dgs/_purl.php?shc=EAA.1266.1.668:2
http://www.ra.ee/dgs/_purl.php?shc=EAA.1261.1.649:28