[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Forgotten Cemeteries

Krampetz at aol.com Krampetz at aol.com
Sun Jan 5 15:45:11 PST 2014

The site http://lapidaria.wikidot.com/   has many interesting side paths.

If you scroll down the left side,  you'll find "Osadnictwo"
("Colonization").
Click it and you'll get a Google map with the many settlements of
"Kujawsko-Pomorskim".   Put your mouse pointer on any one and  it's name
pops up.
I knew there were many villages, but it shows better when they're  marked.

This map shows many settlements in the eastern portion as 'Rumunki' and
The map legend (Legenda mapy) at the bottom describe that the  western
settlements(Osadnictwo) are 'Osadnictwo  olęderskie' and 'Osadnictwo rumunkowe'
as the eastern  settlements.  The other words did not translate with Google.

A previous discussion here,  settled on rumunki meaning 'a  cleared area',

 but olęderskie doesn't translate either..   I'd guess  that it may mean
more
established?   or ..   Does anyone know?

There are also gravestone images to be seen.

Bob