[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Seeking Records from the Evangelical Augsburg Consistory Council

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 08:13:43 PDT 2014

Dear Peter,
Earl is correct that the only way to get an answer you are looking for is DNA testing. But you should know the limitations of this testing make sure you are comparing your DNA with the right descendants of August Daubler. Since your ancestor is a female you cannot have any Y chromosome markers from August. Mitochondrial markers will also not help since they would come only from the full female lineages tracing back to Wilhelmine Hein.

You will have to use a service like 23andme that looks at markers on all 23 chormosomes. Since you will not know what markers may have been contributed by Wilhelmine passed down to Dorothea anyone you compare with should not be other descendants of Wilhelmine. You really need to compare your DNA with that of Wilhelm's descendants who came from his divorced wife. Keeping in mind that with each generation only 50% of the genes get transferred to the next generation this will show what you are fighting against to try and establish your lieage with August. You just hope some of those critical markers from August were carried on in both your lineage and those you compare with. The markers are not solid evidence but only provide an estimated probability that you are related. If the probability comes out low that also does not mean you are not related - this false positive result could be accounted for by the fact different genes from August were passed down
 through your lieages.
Karl