[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Seeking Records from the Evangelical Augsburg Consistory Council

paul.rakow at cantab.net paul.rakow at cantab.net
Tue Jul 22 10:40:46 PDT 2014

 Hello Earl, Peter,

     Now that Natalia has cleared up the "Tsarist Poyavskoi"
 red herring, I've got some good news, and some bad news.

     In the AGAD archive in Warsaw, they have the surviving records
 of the Evangelical-Augsburg Consistory of Warsaw, which I think
 must be the organisation you are looking for. This includes the
 records of the Consistory Court on divorce cases, but unfortunately
 just for the years 1876-1936, which is a few years too late for the
 case that interests you.

    The Consistory records are Fond 432, title
 Konsystorz Kościoła Ewangelicko-Augsburskiego w Warszawie

    You can read a little (in Polish) about the Fond and its contents at

 http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/sezam.php?l=en&mode=show&zespoly_id=432

    I don't know if there is any other archive that might hold older
 divorce records - if you do find them, I'm sure there would be a lot
 of interest.

            Paul Rakow

======