[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Seeking Records from the Evangelical Augsburg Consistory

Peter chamdo4ever at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 20:09:52 PDT 2014

Thank you so much Earl.

Yes, prior to getting divorced, Ehmke bore at least seven children for
Daubler, and at least two of those children have living descendants
from which DNA could be obtained. So, suffice to say, not having
children is not a reason for their divorce. My cousin is diligently
(and delicately) approaching the family about securing a DNA sample...

Earl, have you had a chance to read this interesting article over on
Ancestry.com about the naming conventions for children born out of
wedlock in the 1800's?
http://www.progenealogists.com/germany/mecklenburg/genealogy.htm

It applies to Mecklenburg which obviously is not Plock, but it is
still interesting reading. In that Wilhelmine Hein's illegitimate
daughter was named Dorothea Hein and Daubler was still married to
Ehmke at the time of her birth in late 1866. Daubler didn't divorce
Ehmke and marry Wilhelmine Hein until 1869 (though he was Dorothea
Hein's Godfather and the first witness listed at her baptism).

Anyhow, as you pointed out earlier, DNA does seem to be the best
solution for me and my family at the moment.

Again, profound thanks to you and the listserv for your help and guidance,

Peter