[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Plock Divorce record -- found?

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 07:05:58 PDT 2014

With the Lublin records we occasionally would see notations like this written in the margins for something that occured in the future. I don't remember seeing anything on marriage records but there were plenty of them on birth records. This appeared to be a way the church would update their records on a change in status for someone in their church.

So this is not the formal divorce record. I believe those were printed out in Warsaw. In a private email I sent Peter I explained to him that since the divorce and August's remarriage both occured at the same church the divorce record would not be found in alegata. The church already had record of that so they didn't need to request it from another church.

All this interest indicates I should include an example of a divorce record on our Lublin site showing different types of records. Maybe within the next week I'll track down an example of one and post on the same page where I referenced alegata earlier.

Peter's best option is still DNA evidence. This will not give conclusive evidence but at least you can obtain imputed evidence if the genes with discriminatory markers from August sorted appropriately through the 3 generations.
Karl