[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ question (Norenberg)

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 09:34:07 PDT 2014

Mauricio,
If your interest is in the Luck area that was part of Polish Volhynia. Those records would be found in EWZ52 under Poland. Note that the ODL only has Russian Volhynia and other former pre-WW II Soviet Union states in its database.

Noerenberg and all its variations is a very popular name. I would expect at least 3 microfilms or more just for this name with about 300 applications per film. This is a huge task to go through. Most of them will be from Poland anyway - not Polish volhynia. So if you want to spend several days looking for something that may or may not fit your family that is a big chance you would take. You can only look at EWZ52 files in the National Archives II building in College Park, MD just outside Washington DC. I found other relatives of mine in EWZ but most I cannot find today with online resources. Women are especially hard since they probably don't go by their maiden name. So you would likely be left with names and not know where they ended up after the war or if they are still alive.

Aside from this somehow we still need to prove that we are 5th cousins through our Markus connection.

Karl