[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Untangling a Welke mystery.

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 06:16:54 PDT 2014

Hi Joyce,
It is important to consider the year this happened - 1917-1920. Adolf was still only an older teenager so I doubt very much doubt very much 1 and 2 are likely. 3 could be consistent with 4 and I would trust your father's account the most since he would likely know more about this story being such a close relative.

One thing I did not see you say is where this happened. It probably did not happen in Dubeczno. All the Germans were deported towards Siberia during this period so where was your father's family deported to? This makes your father's account even more likely. In EWZ Russian records you often see the term "verschleppt" for missing fathers or sons. Here is a case where Adolf was verschleppt.

Karl