[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ 50 films

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 06:28:17 PDT 2014

For those of you who have ancestors who were living in countries under
Russian control in 1940, this EWZ 50 series contains the information on
those ethnic Germans who were resettled at that time. Here is a listing
that includes two of the films Stephanie owns:
http://www.grhs.org/vr/ch/ewz_index.htm

EWZ 50     E068     Ladigan, Klemens - Laitenberger, Ida
EWZ 50     I043     Tabert, Maria - Taranowski, Leonid

They must not have seen B002, but the names fall in between the following:
EWZ 50     B001     Dejager, Jakob - Demlang, Eduard
EWZ 50     B003     Dercho, Friederika - Derjabin, Anna

The Odessa3 website (SGGEE's "members only" St. Petersburg database
comes from Volhynian extractions made from their information) provides
many extractions from these EWZ50 films:
http://www.odessa3.org/collections/war/ewz/
Each volunteer extracted the information from films of interest, so the
listings are NOT systematic from link to link. But the index does
provide family groups and you can search for relevant names. The film
itself will provide some additional information.

Keep in mind that these German documents were created during oral
interviews; few people had documents at hand. Names of people and places
were spelled phonetically by Nazi officials who had no familiarity with
them. There will be errors. But that said, these films have a wealth of
information and provide evidence of families alive in 1940 and where
they lived.

Thank you, Stephanie, for making the information on these films
available to those who wouldn't otherwise have access.

Sigrid Pohl Perry