[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] now GALENEWSKI

Jack Milner wjmilner at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 2 10:21:04 PST 2014

Transcribed surnames can create confusion, oral family stories can be
misleading and official census information can conflict with the facts.
As an example, read: *Finding Lucinda*. <2_augustaemma_5.htm#1901>

http://members.shaw.ca/d_y_g/2_augustaemma_5.htm#1901

A bit off subject, but  record keepers around the turn of the 20th
century in Manitoba, seemed to have difficulty about even coming close
to spelling a name as verbally spoken.  Searching MB vital statistics
using variations of her given name may produce more variations of the
surname.

Jack Milner