[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bialosliwie, Posen; Surnames: Boelter, Knak, Wirth

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 15:28:31 PST 2014

Tammy,

Are these two separate families or are they a married couple? Although
I'm sure the Poznan Marriage Project volunteers have not completed
indexing for all marriage records between 1800 and 1899, I did not find
a match for them as a couple nor too many hits on the names as
individuals, though there were some of those
(http://poznan-project.psnc.pl/).

The spellings of the villages must be transcribed from a handwritten
document that's difficult to read. The closest villages I can find in
the Posen region would be Huettenbusch (Bialoblocie), Zlotow,
Wielkopolskie, Poland (per the SGGEE German Empire gazetteer). Zlotow
was also known as Flatow. Perhaps someone else will have a different
suggestion for "Flotwell" or "Bialosliwie" in the Poznan area.

"Raw" records for the Bydgoszcz area can be found here:
http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/6/str/1/15?sort=syg_order#tabZasoby
There's also a Poznan archive, but Bydgoszcz is closer to Zlotow if
that's the right region. Not all records are online, though if there's a
place holder for an area and the number of scans is currently 0, I think
scans will ultimately be loaded. I've had some experience searching in
these Bydgoszcz records and the same villages could be in different
"powiat" data, depending on where they reported. And there's no index to
which villages are in which section. You just have to start looking at
records. Keep in mind that "parafii rzymskokatolickiej" is Catholic,
"ewangelicko" Lutheran, and "zydowskiej" Jewish records.

Good luck.
Sigrid Pohl Perry