[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bialosliwie, Posen; Surnames: Boelter, Knak, Wirth

paul.rakow at cantab.net paul.rakow at cantab.net
Mon Mar 3 12:15:28 PST 2014

 Hello Tammy,

     Not on-line, but almost as good.

     The LDS (Mormons) have the Lutheran church records for
 Weissenhoehe/Bialosliwie on film 245492 - births 1853-1879,
 marriages 1853-1920 and deaths, 1853-1902, so you should be able
 to check the death records (I'm sure Flotwell will be in the same
 parish).

       Earlier records should be in the Friedheim parish records,
 which are also on microfilm (I have ancestors in Friedheim parish,
 so I've looked at those microfilms a lot). Some of the Friedheim
 records have been extracted into the SGGEE parishes database.

    I think I see your family in the Friedheim index on SGGEE:
 it lists Jacob BOELTER, age 40, married Anne Christine KNAAP, age 28,
 in 1838; and probably an earlier marriage,
 Jacob Boelter, age 30, married Caroline Below, age 25, in 1828.
 There are lots of Boelter births that might belong to the family too.

    The originals of these records are now in a church archive in
 Berlin, they don't seem to be putting their records on line yet,
 so I think you should be looking at the microfilms as soon as
 you can.

              Paul Rakow