[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Mjetschislaw

Gary Gomes ggomes at soundviewnet.com
Sun Mar 9 12:33:52 PDT 2014

I am trying to trace the roots of my Christian Lange family and would
appreciate help with locating the associated village of Mjetschlaw which is
listed as the birthplace of Christian and Teofila's son Edmund in 1889:
"Lange Edmund 13 Feb 1889 Mjetschislaw Rozyszcze Christian Theophile
Malarsch 2380021/1889 57 449"

In the SGGEE location too, I find "Mjetschlaw (Mieczyslawow Litewski/lost),
Lutsk, Volyn, Ukraine 504330 250030".  If I am reading the coordinates
correctly, this is some 100 kilometers south of Lutsk and actually closer to
Lviv.

When the family migrated to Canada 2 years later, their residence was listed
as Schepel (near Torczyn) and other family members have ties to the Schepel
area.
Is it possible that there is  Mjetschislaw that was in the vicinity of
Schepel?

Gary