[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Mjetschislaw

Gerald Klatt gerald.klatt at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 9 14:53:26 PDT 2014

Gary

Excerpt from the article "Homeland for a Time" by Josef Weiss:

"Mieczyslawow (=Mieczystaw) was probably the oldest of settlements in this
area (north-) east of Torczyn. The first settlers were: Priess, Schmidtke,
Gatzke, Strohschein and Lucht. Together they bought 165 morgan of land.
....(during the Russian revolution) Almost all the homes (Juljanow-Boratyn)
were destroyed. Only in Mieczyslowow were all the house stilling standing.
Here a Cossack unit had its headquarters for a rather long time."

Index of farm owners before WW1

Mieczyslawow:
1. Samuel Pries
2. Emil Gellert
3. Jakob Sauder
4. August Lach
5. Gatzke
6. Widow Strohschein
7. Julius Strohschein
8.  Gatzke

Pawlow:
1. Boelter
2. Weber

I also have the farm owners names for the neighbouring areas of: Juljanow,
Zablotce, Czarnelozy. Kurhany, Marksmillerszczyzna.

Regards,

Gerald