[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] RES: TOM from Lublin Poland coming from Canada

Cathy Walters walters.cathy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 17:47:27 PDT 2014

Hello Dear Group !

Just a friendly reminder that many of them that lived in the Russian section of Russian Poland were once from Province of Posen, Germany.  To check out Poznan Project, which has marriages 1800-1899, and basia.famula.pl, these you can google.   Some of the surnames floating recently are also in Prov.of Posen.

My still brick walls is Eduard Rossin b. May 1866, USA 1890, lived, parents dead of TB, unknown where born & he never left any info in any church & county in Minnesota, always said he was a stowaway-one was in 1890, but end of passenger list never names person. (cousin of my grandfather Gottlieb Rossin USA 1892 from kreis Mogilno,Prov.Posen,Germany)

Aunt or cousin of Gottlieb Rossin,  Hensel who was in Brazil, who's daughter Ilein who married 1958 a school teacher, Walter Schuler.   Unknown to which side she was from, Rossin, Jesse, Reinke,Pfeiffer, Kufpherschmidt,Remus,Ratsch/Raetsch or of some other unknown surname.

If anyone knows Lianne Edwards Southerland wife of Dave Southerland of Calvary, Alberta, Canada-tell her,  her cousin says" Hi to her", she is of my Mietzner cousin of her Lebert side.  ( I just learned yesterday )

                                          Cathy of Elgin, Minnesota

  ALWAYS A ROSE