[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Prison in Ukraine?

Irene König kopetzke at gmx.net
Fri Mar 28 13:10:53 PDT 2014

Jim,

Rudnik is Russian and means *mine*. There is no translation (I know of)
for Shilovsky, could be a village name. There seems to have been a
Shilovka (Rudnik) in (former Uyesd?) Slovianoserbsk, Government of
Yekaterinoslav. If I got it right, the village was near Alchevsk (now
Luhansk Oblast).

Would you please provide the URL where you found mentioned your Great
Grandfather Jaroszyk Wasyl? From the entry you provided I would say, he
had been fighting in World War I as a member of the Austro-Hungarian
Army and is reported to be "prisoner of war".

Irene