[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Prison in Ukraine

paul.rakow at cantab.net paul.rakow at cantab.net
Fri Mar 28 13:15:47 PDT 2014

> 4. Prison in Ukraine? (Jim Stange)

 Jim,

     What you have looks like a Verlustliste from the Austro-Hungarian
 army in the First World War. It lists Austrian soldiers who have been
 killed, wounded, or captured as prisoners of war. (As George told you,
 your relative was a POW).

     Rudnik is a mine, so he may have been put to work in a coal mine.
  The list tells you his rank and regiment (but I don't know enough
 about the Austrian army to decipher the abbreviations). I'm sure
 the original site will also tell you the date of this particular
 list, so you will have some idea of when he was captured.

     It would be helpful to tell us where the web-site was.

            Paul Rakow