[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Prison in Ukraine

Jim jjstange at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 05:42:56 PDT 2014

Thank you Paul. The web site is http://kramerius.nkp.cz/kramerius/Welcome.do

It is a Verlustliste. The Austrio-Hungarian army makes sense as he was in an area of Galacia under that empire (abt 1914).  Once he returned from his imprisonment he died of pneumonia in Sielec (Prezemysl). When we visited the village in 2008 he had a surprising large headstone and the grave was only one of a handful still standing and being maintained with flowers.  It was nice to see.

For about a decade I have been trying to learn more about him and his wife but Greek Orthodox records for this area seem to be gone.  the USC there had one book from this town of BMD for 1875-19??   Nothing in the archive. I am wondering if the records for Galacia are kept somewhere else outside I the Polish archival system?

Thank you all again for your insight.

Jim