[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Town histories

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:53:08 PDT 2014

I expect I've posted this before but there may have been updates.

Many histories of *Manitoba* towns and villages have been written over the
years and a number have been digitized courtesy of Canadian Heritage,
University of Manitoba Libraries, Manitoba Legislative Library, Manitoba
Historical Society , Manitoba Archives and Manitoba Library Consortium.  If
your ancestors lived in one of these many locations, you might find
something of interest.  i expect the hard copies are hard to borrow or buy.

http://manitobia.ca/content/en/books/local_histories

www.ourroots.ca  <http://www.ourroots.ca>  has a link to many other books
on Canadian history, towns and provinces, also sponsored by Canadian
Heritage, and several universities.

*Saskatchewan* resources - towns, people, photos etc.
http://esask.uregina.ca/entry/local_history.html

Books on *Saskatchewan* that might be avlb elsewhere as well
http://www.saskgenealogy.com/Library_Catalogue/Saskatchewan/Localhistories.htm

http://www.looking4kin.com/group/saskatchewangenealogy/page/saskatchewan-local-history-books

*Books on Alberta  *
http://www.looking4kin.com/group/albertacanadagenealogy/page/alberta-local-history-books

Unfortunately BC was not covered very well......

And if your folks were from a Canadian town now considered a ghost town -
check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_towns_in_Canada

or for American ghost towns
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_towns_in_the_United_States