[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tonn & Zielke/Zuelke in Chodecz Parish - and other lines in Posen, Prussia

Kenneth Powell kenpowell99 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 15 11:55:56 PDT 2014

Subject: Re: Tonn & Zielke/Zuelke in Chodecz Parish - and other lines in Posen, Prussia

Related to the note excerpts below Re: Tonn & Zielke/Zuelke in Chodecz Parish - and other lines in Posen, Prussia – here are links to the German genealogy.net GEDBAS database that have some of these names in them (e.g. Wilhelm Ludwik Tonn, Anklam wife, parents Johan Tonn & Anna Karolina Zuelke/Zielke:

For these folks and a few hundred other Tonn names from church records or family trees collected into a single database (although you already seem to have more Tonn and related names than are in this database, and seem to come from same church book sources):

TONN:       http://gedbas.genealogy.net/search/simple?firstname=&placename=&lastname=Tonn&timelimit=none&offset=0&max=500

ZIELKE:    http://gedbas.genealogy.net/search/simple?firstname=&placename=&lastname=zielke&timelimit=none&offset=0&max=500
ZUEHLKE:   http://gedbas.genealogy.net/search/simple?firstname=&placename=&lastname=zuehlke&timelimit=none&offset=0&max=500
(need to type in the various spellings to get different results)

... and the main search page where anyone can type in a surname or place name to see what is in there:

http://gedbas.genealogy.net/

Note that this is not a fuzzy/soundex search, so changing one alphabet letter will change the results – one gets more information by typing in ONLY a surname or ONLY a placename, and few results if both fields filled in; also useful to type in only first few letters of a name or place to get more results that might be spelled differently (although sometimes umlauted letters sometimes accounted for).

For example, all folks at the Bycz locale (including your Johann Tonn and son Wilhelm Ludwig), by typing only Bycz in ‘place name’ field with surname field empty:

http://gedbas.genealogy.net/search/simple?placename=Bycz&lastname=&firstname=&timelimit=none&offset=0&max=500

Similarly, when one opens a page for a particular individual, one can click on the ‘search this place’ to see other residents at locale, and get a feel for who is living in same settlement (or at least who has been entered into the database).

Also on these pages are name and email address of the submitter, sometimes references or notes, and if permitted by owner, can download the GED file of that particular submitter (not all allow).

One can search for a surname, person or place in all the databases linked into this site at once by using the Metasearch tab – it will list all the hits for any databases on the site, which one can then open up if looks interesting:

http://meta.genealogy.net/?lang=en

===>> These are truly “Hit or Miss” propositions – some locales have quite many church records in the database, most none; some family names have large trees, most are orphan records or link to just a few other people.  Occasionally one finds something useful or highlights an area to look further.

Draeger / Dreger:

For the people who indicated an interest in Draeger / Dreger – didn’t find matches of folks you mentioned, but there are a couple hundred other Dreger / Draeger names in the database, so might be worth a look.