[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Repatriation List Zhitomir Archive - STREMEL

Maria Mikolics mikolicsm at westnet.com.au
Mon May 26 15:23:48 PDT 2014

Thanks Rose. I wondered if that might be the case, but thought it was worth asking.

Cheers, Maria :)

On 27/05/2014, at 12:07 AM, "Rose Ingram" <roseingram at shaw.ca> wrote:

Maria,

I believe the translated information in the Repatriation file is pretty well, "what you see is what you get".   Maybe someone on this Listserve who has seen these records may have more information.

The data is from "Card Files" in the Zhitomir archives and written in Russian and translated by some SGGEE members.

Rose Ingram

As cited on the webpage for KGB and Repatriation Lists, in the members only section:
These lists date from the 1930s and have been extracted from original Russian language KGB documents in the Zhitomir Archives. They include large amounts of data about the people, where they lived, names of family members, charges brought against them, results of charges, their execution date, etc. The repatriation documents are less detailed but still include valuabel clues.

Due to the large amount of information provided, the type size has been reduced dramatically to make it fit on the PDF pages. Once you have the file open, use the "Enlarge" button in Adobe to make the text readable. You will have to scroll horizontally to see it all. The lists are alphabetical by surname. There are over 4100 persons in the KGB list, over 13000 in the repatriation list.