[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] RES: common immigration area in South America?

Eduardo Kommers eduardo.kommers at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:10:52 PDT 2014

Hello!

I'm from Brazil. We have many and many Germans or even "German-Russians"
here. Germans started to come in 1824 and "German-Russians in 1890's, a I
know.
Santos and Rio de Janeiro ports in Brazil and Buenos Aires in Argentina were
the most popular entrances for European immigrants in South America. There
are also ports like Paranagua in South Brazil where we can see records of
immigrants.

São Paulo:
http://www.arquivoestado.sp.gov.br/livros_estrangeiros.php
***Type the names in "Sobrenome" then click "Buscar". Try different
spellings.

Rio de Janeiro:
http://www.an.gov.br/rvbndes/Cons_Imigrantes/Cons_Imigrantes.php
*** Type the names in "Nome" then click the first bottom in the upper side
of the page. Try different spellings also.

Paranaguá:
http://celepar07web.pr.gov.br/deap/imigrantes.asp
***Type the names in "Sobrenome" then click in "Consultar". Try different
spellings.

Here is a list of passengers from Hamburg in Santa Catarina state (south
Brazil). Arrival from 1902 to 1922.
http://www.arquivohistoricojoinville.com.br/ListaImigrantes/lista/117.htm

And here is a Argentinian link:
http://cemla.com/buscador/
Type the names in "Apellido".

You can use Google Translator for Portuguese/Brazil and Spanish/Argentina.

Best regards,
Eduardo Kommers