[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Villages in Pomerania, Prussia and Silesia by Helmut Goerke
dr.stewner at t-online.de
Sun Nov 16 01:11:58 PST 2014
I just want to make a few comments on the village list by Helmut Goerke,
proposed by Helen.
1. Pussia includes Pomerania and Silesia thus the title should read
villages in Prussia
2. The pictures of a number of towns/villages are ok, but
3. The list of the villages is not comprehensive. 9000 villages out of
more then 40.000 villages is not good enough.
4. The list is not giving sufficient information for further searches
and findings on maps.
5. When searching a village it is advisable to go for the best lists.
In my opinion is http://www.kartenmeister.com/preview/databaseuwe.asp
giving the best information for Prussia in the East.
Second comes: http://gov.genealogy.net/search/index , the The Historic
Gazetteer of Verein für Computergenealogie, for the total area including
Germany of today.
It is allways worth also to have a look at the information concerning
villages on the homepage of SGGEE.
Greetings from Hamburg
More information about the Ger-Poland-Volhynia