[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Post re: Merç

Patti Mertz pattimertz at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 16 17:26:20 PST 2014

Hello,
Our family (In Canada) is totally stumped searching for any information about my grandfather prior to his arrival in Canada in 1924.
His travel documents tell us this:
Name: Krystjan Merç, born in 1898 in Nowy Stręczyn, (a village in the administrative district of Gmina Cyców, within Łęczna County, Lublin Voivodeship, in eastern Poland). He had a brother named Rudolf Merç.
He married Lydia Ida Schmitdke, born april 9, 1895, in Grabowka (a village in the administrative district of Gmina Opole Lubelskie, within Opole Lubelskie County, also in  Lublin Voivodeship).
The travelled from Warsaw to Canada aboard the Marita in October of 1924.
Can anyone provide any leads about Krystjan Merç and/or his family?
Many thanks,
Patti Mertz