[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Post re: Merç

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Sun Nov 16 18:11:41 PST 2014

Hello Patti,

You have found the right place to find information about your
grandfather's family! These Lublin parish villages are very familiar to
some of us who have been indexing parish records from the Lutheran
church in Lublin. See the public portion of the SGGEE website here:
https://www.sggee.org/research/parishes/lublin_records/lublinsearchinstruct.html

You have to search birth, death and marriage records separately. Enter
Mertz as a surname and select the "soundex" option (sometimes there were
spelling variations like Maertz and these will be picked up). There were
various Mertz family members who were born, died or married. Some in
Nowy Streczyn (or Neu Strenschin in German).

At this time it is not possible to order copies of the records from the
church in Lublin, but we hope to re-establish that connection in the
coming months with the new pastor. If you become a member of SGGEE, you
may also find that the Mertz family's "roots" have been found through
other members or through extractions from parish records done by volunteers.

Best regards,
Sigrid Pohl Perry
whose ancestors on both sides came from Lublin parish and whose parents
had cousins in Streczyn Nowy.