[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Obory Kolonia Mortgage Document

Paul Rakow paul.rakow at cantab.net
Mon Nov 24 12:37:01 PST 2014

> 1. Obory Kolonia Mortgage Document (Richard J. Flanagan)

   Hello Richard,

      Yes, it is in German, with a few bits of Latin dropped in.

      The main part involves tracing back the history of a few
 acres of land, who owns it now, who owned it before, etc.

      The handwriting isn't too bad, the main problem is that
 it's obviously been written by a lawyer, so even after
 deciphering all the words, it may be hard to extract the
 meaning.

     I think in the main section,
 Michael Bauch is testifying, explaining his
 claim to some land:

 Possibly:

    Michael Bauch now (1805) has 9 1/2 morgen of land;
 7 1/2 morgen of which he got from Stanislaus Malinski,
 which Malinski originally obtained from the estate in 1793;
 and another 2 morgen from Johann Netzer, which Netzer obtained
 from the estate in 1795.

   ----

   I'm curious about how you located this document. I have found
 some interesting documents in Poznan about ancestors from a hollendry
 village, but am still interested in hints and tips about which
 Fonds / collections are likely to have good documents.

           Paul Rakow