[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sompolno

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Wed Oct 22 20:24:11 PDT 2014

Hi Michaelle,

The handwriting of the Sompolno Lutheran pastor of the mid 1800's has to be
the worst ever.  However, the late Al Muth extracted most of the Polish
language (to 1868) Sompolno records and some of the Russian language (post
1868) records and they are in the SGGEE master pedigree database.  If you
haven't already thoroughly searched that database, then doing so may turn up
some results.

Sompolno Lutheran parish was founded in 1840.  Prior to that, Germans
registered in the closest Catholic parish.  German names from some of these
parishes north of Sompolno have also been extracted and entered in the
master pedigree database.  What are the villages north of Sompolno where
your Krauses lived?

Dick Stein