[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] a few miscellaneous questions

Paul Rakow paul.rakow at cantab.net
Thu Sep 18 11:14:07 PDT 2014

Hello Dan,

     I haven't seen answers yet to your final two questions,
 so here's my thoughts.

     Pinsky Guberg is probably the province (gubernia) Pinsk.

     T vs TH doesn't mean much in German - both sound the same.
 There has been a trend to spell more words which used to have
 a TH with just a T - for example, Thal (a valley) has changed
 to Tal.

                Paul Rakow