[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Christoph Grenke - Lipno

Matthew Grenke matthew.grenke at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 09:41:27 PDT 2014

I am searching for information on my great-great grandfather Christoph
Grenke. His family Bible states that he was born 1845 in Lobzanke. His
confirmation was in the Lutheran church in Lipno by Pastor Doktorman(?). I
believe this may actually be Pastor Tochtermann since there was a pastor at
the Lutheran church in Osowka with this name which is similar to Doktorman.
>From my understanding Osowka was a sister church of Lipno?

Does anyone here have access to the Lipno or Osowka church records from
around 1860 which may show his confirmation records? Perhaps there may be
marriage records of his parents there too? At the moment I am thinking that
Lobzanke is either Lobzenica (close to Wyrzysk) or Lubianka (close to
Thorn) which is also closer to Lipno where he was confirmed. Christoph's
mother may have been Ewa Mantei (Manthey). This information is from some
relatives but has not been confirmed yet. It may help in the search though
if it proves correct. I am hoping to find information on who his father was
if possible and any other information would be greatly appreciated. I am
looking for any clues at all that may help.

Thank you so much for your help.