[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Mass Migration, Schadura to Brazil, 1886

Paul Rakow paul.rakow at cantab.net
Sat Apr 4 09:58:37 PDT 2015

 Dear All,

     I decided today to look for a several-greats aunt (Blondina
 Wagner, geb Gruenke) who, according to family tradition, left
 Volhynia to go to Brazil, and later moved  on to Uraguay.

     I found her in the Hamburg passenger lists: What surprised me was
 that she was part of a very large party, all giving their last residence
 as Schadura, Russland (near Volodarsk-Volinsky).

     There were 111 Germans from Schadura, all on the ship "Buenos Aires",
 leaving Hamburg on the 19th May 1886, heading for the port Sao Francisco
 in Brazil, led by the preacher Wilhelm Lange.

     With the help of friend google, I think I've found out where they
 ended up, in a place called Bruederthal:

 <http://www.ieclbhistoria.org.br/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2794&Itemid=40>

    Has anyone previously come across this particular migration before?
    Can anyone suggest sources for finding out about the general
 history of Bruederthal, or the destiny of particular families in
 Brazil?

            Thanks,
                Paul Rakow