[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German settlements in present day Belarus
yudina-62 at inbox.ru
Thu Apr 16 13:23:25 PDT 2015
here is the information you need:
"From the beginning of their settlement at Polesie in 1909 Germans lived in the colonies consisting of separate farms: in the Narovlya area they were Beryozovka, Antonovka, Krasilovka, Maidan, Osipovka, Hatki and Dubrovskaya; in Carolinian (Elsk) area— Anzelmovka (since 1929 renamed into Rosa Luxemburg) and Naymanovka.
From the middle of the 20th and until the end of the 30th in the Soviet Belarus there were 2 German national village councils in Mozyrshchina: Berezovsky in the Narovlyansky area and Anzelmovsky (since 1929 - Rosa Luxemburg) in Elski area. The number of the population changed in connection with a natural increase and migrations. The available statistical data (sometimes inconsistent) give the chance to present the dinamics of the German population in general.
So, in the Anzelmovsky Village Council, by December 18, 1926, Germans were 612 of 911 total population, in 1927 — 659 of 1007, in 1929 — 731 of 1068 . In Berezovsky Village Council in 1926 Germans were 1555 of 1656 . In 1927 in the Narovlyansky area there lived 1968 Germans, from them 1483 persons in Berezovsky Village Council, 475 — in Hatkovski. In 1929 in Berezovsky Village Council Germans were 1431 of 1567 total population.
Additionally, the area of compact residence of Germans extended far to the Lelchitsy area. On different sources, in 1925 there were183 of 215 people of the German nationality here. In 1931 in three villages of the area (Dubnitskaya, Srednie Pechi and Dubrovka) there were 33 German farms (families). Compact "islands" of the German population were mentioned also in Zhitkovichsky and Rechitsky areas.
From the beginning of the 20th years in Naymanovka colony there was a community of Evangelical Christians of "Heim der Bruder" ("The sacred house"). They called themselves "Saint brothers", and local Lutheran Germans called it "Hopsbruder" ("Jumpers"). Several times Mozyrshchina was visited by the German Baptist preachers from Ukraine (Fritz, Gartman, etc.). Periodically local Lutheran community was visited by the German pastors (Keniksfeld from Kiev, Ullach from Zhitomir). They held services, marriages, issued certificates of confirmation.
At Rosa Luxemburg some cemetery tombstones with names have remained:
Ganert Olga Eduardovna (1907-1929), Goppe Magda Greyta (1874-1929), Werman Elza Gustovna (1921-1934), Werman Greyta Gustovna (1927-1935), Werman Gerta (1905-1952), Loport Emma Fridrikhovna (1903-1988), Goppe Gerta Emilyevna (1908-1999)"
During mass repressions of the 30-40th years the German population of Mozyrshchina was almost totally moved to Kazakhstan.
One can study the complete article here http://forum .vgd.ru/45/30156/
Mit herzrlichen Grüßen,
(Moskau, Internationaler Verband der deutschen Kultur)
Среда, 15 апреля 2015, 12:03 -07:00 от "Rose Ingram" <roseingram at shaw.ca>:
>Does anyone know of German settlements in Belarus area around 1890-1920. At that time part of Western Belarus was Poland.
>Ger-Poland-Volhynia site list
>Ger-Poland-Volhynia at sggee.org
More information about the Ger-Poland-Volhynia