[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 143, Issue 27

Brandt Gibson ironhide781 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 26 12:29:27 PDT 2015

Tammy,

I have Witt ancestry from the Nowy Dwor region of Poland. My 3rd-great-grandmother, Justina Karolina Witt, was born in Reischewo, Nowy Dwor, Poland in 1842. Her parents were Jacob Witt and Anna Joseph. Justina married Ludwig Heinrich Joseph in 1859, and moved to Uljanowka in the Volhynia region within the next 10 years. They immigrated to Manitoba, Canada between 1901-1906, and lived there until their deaths.

Several of their descendants have taken DNA tests. My grandfather, Fred Gibson, is the great-grandson of Ludwig and Justina, and has tested at 23andMe, and I've uploaded his data to GedMatch (kit #M224139).  Two cousins of Fred's, Elsie and Jim Joseph, have also tested at 23andMe with data uploaded to GedMatch (kits M234649 and M861346 respectively).
 The parish registers from Nowy Dwor are available from the Family History Library on microfilm, but are not digitized yet. I checked them out before, but I can't recall the film numbers and need to look them up again (unless someone on this list happens to know what the film numbers are). You might be able to find more Witts in there. I intend to check them out again and look for more information on my Joseph, Witt, Freder, and other family lines.  Maybe if you do have a Witt connection, we could be related! That would be awesome.  Brandt Gibson
--Forwarded Message Attachment--