[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] A Bessarabian German family's experience during Second World War

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:41:54 PDT 2015

Following up on the weekend's SGGEE convention, it is rather coincidental
that today's  (Aug 13) *Globe and Mail *newspaper has an interesting and
poignant essay by a woman who reflects on her Bessarabian German family's
experience during the War.  They too would have been processed by the EWZ
and come to Canada to find a new Heimat - both subjects which were
presented at the convention.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/facts-and-arguments/discovering-an-uncomfortable-truth-about-my-family-history/article25942221/

The comments are also of interest..

(Thank you to my Tante Otti for calling it to my attention!)

Helen Gillespie