[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] From the Many Roads website

Bronwyn Klimach bronklimach at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 05:16:29 PST 2015

I do think it is important that we also realise that those in responsible
for records and registers took this charge very seriously.  Pastors fleeing
from the Russians would take Church books with them (hence
http://www.ezab.de/english/parish_registers.html); of course if caught the
Russians seldom viewed these as important to preserve as did the Germans.
In Warsaw archivists, taking huge risks, buried records, so that an amazing
amount survived the razing of that city.
Bronwyn.