[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Cost Renting films from LDS in Germany

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 10 14:34:52 PST 2015

Thanks to all who replied on the list and to me personally.

The Cost in Germany is  € 8.50  for a short term - about 3 months.
In Canada it is $8.00 short term and $20.00 for Extended/indefinite.

The costs do vary from country to country.  And Yes, one now needs to order the films online using a credit card, but you first must create an account and give them your email address so they know which FHCenter to send the film to, and then you will get automated emails notifing you when the film is received.   I have done this Many times.

Ordering online started in 2010.
When you find the film number you want in the Library Catalog, there is a link on the same webpage which takes to directly to the ordering page.

https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Introduction_to_the_Family_History_Library_Catalog

As juliasgenes mentioned, many volunteers are not LDS, and usually they know more about research than the LDS volunteers. My local Family History Society has many volunteers at the FHC.   They should also be able to help you create an account on the FHC computers too.

Rose