[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] A Journey of Discovery, Genealogy of the Lenz/Wilke Family of Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan by Karl Lenz

gswilson19 at aol.com gswilson19 at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 10:27:12 PST 2015

I just found out about this book the other day.  Does anyone have this book or access to it?  I found the below information on the Ancestry message boards.  It sounds like it could be informative for some of us.  I am interested to know if it has anything more on my 4th grt grandmother Elizabeth Lenz who married Andreas Neumann 26 Oct 1803 in Lubsin Radziejow, Kujawsko-Pomorski, Poland.  I know Karl used to be a member but is no longer.  I have tried contacting him via email but haven't heard back from him.

Gail

A Journey of Discovery, Genealogy of the Lenz/Wilke Family of Yellow Grass,
Saskatchewan by Karl A. Lenz, Published in 2005 and printed in Saskatoon by
Globe Printers, 564 pages

- This book covers the genealogy of seventeen major families who
represent the ancestral families of SGGEE member Karl A. Lenz. Surnames
covered in the book include Lenz, Altwasser, Patzwald, Weber, Klatt,
Wilke, Wilde (Wille), Eichhorst, Frieske, Köbernik, Deutschlaender,
Wiesner, Wilke, Dahlmann, Schulze and many others. In addition to
detailed information on the genealogies of the various families some who
lived in the United States (one of those States being North Dakota, near
Garrison, McLean County, ND).

A travelogue is included on a trip to Poland in 2004 by Karl and sister
Elsie Pearson to visit many of the family’s ancestral villages.
Information is included on the villages, old churches and what remains
of the old German cemeteries in areas that include Central Poland, and
the pre-1872 Prussian provinces of Posen, Pommern and East Brandenburg
(Neumark). The book also includes a section on DNA testing for genealogy
purposes (Y-chromosome and Mitochondria).

- The book can be purchased from Karl at a cost of $75 CAN plus $10
dollars for
shipping and handling. Karl can be reached by phone at 306-373-5010, by
email at
k.j.lenz at sasktel.net or by ground mail directed to 107-306 Heritage
Lane, Saskatoon,
SK, Canada, S7H 5P9