[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Seeking 1935 Death Record from P?ock (Poland)

Earl Schultz earl.schultz at telusplanet.net
Mon Feb 9 14:32:21 PST 2015

Peter, my experience in working with a couple of Civil Registry Offices is
that they usually require you to prove you are related before they will give
you anything because it is under 100 years.  Over 100 years, they transfer
the records to the Polish Archives.

>From North America, I was advised to go to the Polish Embassy and request
the document showing proof of a relationship.  The cost can be quite high -
$40+ - for one document.  I suggest this as a last resort because if you can
get the Registry Office to deal with you directly it would be better and

I have also written to the Polish Archives and asked for a document that was
still in the Civil Registry Offices without my knowledge.  The Polish
Archives obtained the document from the CRO and sent it to me at minimal
cost which was a real surprise to me.

Good luck,

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 19:33:06 -0500
From: Peter <chamdo4ever at gmail.com>
To: SGGEE <ger-poland-volhynia at sggee.org>
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Seeking 1935 Death Record from P?ock
	<CALr1thXAAqw_8WsBW5v3v5kXyCWYJipX+5kq0SWfY1RNf4=Xig at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Greetings All,

Could anyone please let me know where / how I could get a hold of an
official death record of a woman who reportedly died in Maszewo in Kreis
P?ock in 1935 (apparently in January)? She is of German descent and was

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Peter Schmidt

More information about the Ger-Poland-Volhynia mailing list