[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tschichanowitz

Наталья Юдина yudina-62 at inbox.ru
Thu Feb 26 23:49:15 PST 2015

 Hi,  you can see this place (Ciechanowiec, Цехановец) on the map of Belski uezd, Grodnenski gubernia
http://www.radzima.net/maps/guberniya-grodnenskaya/uezd-drogichinskiy-belskiy-1820-karta-large.jpg
Russian Brockhaus-Efron enciclopedia  (1890-1907)  also  tells us:
"Tsekhanovets - the town of Grodno province, Bielsk County. Residents 5125; school, post and telegraph department, 32 factories and plants, including 1 button (pearl) and 25 cloth fabricating. The trade of wool. In surrounding villages  many of the artisans manufacturing pearl buttons. Sales (25-30 thousand rubles) in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Odessa and Warsaw".

Greetings from Moscow

Natalia Yudina